Stress can poison us slowly. Everyone has to find their own way of governing the negative effects it can have on our bodies.
Stress is a biological phenomenon triggered by the body and is characterized by the secretion of several hormones and excitatory neurotransmitters. As we have seen and analyzed in the previous volume, stress can have a useful function for extremely limited time, as it allows us to improve our mental and physical performance. It is, however, extremely harmful if continued for a long time.
The symptoms that make us realize that the level of stress has come to the point of harm are:
– sexual dysfunction;
– deviance: psychotropic drug abuse, drug addiction.
It is clear, therefore, that if we are in search of wellness, it is imperative to be able to adjust the stress so as to prevent poison our body. Each person will find the means it considers most appropriate to his own being, but it is important to know that only time and patience can help you get the desired results. In the previous volume we have examined in detail what is meant by stress and what are the techniques that can help us manage it and modulate it.
We continue here are some tips that should be kept always present and that we can help:
- Always focus on the essentials;
- trying to decide themselves and assume their responsibilities (studies on the subject have shown that the workplace people who are allowed little space for action are more exposed to risk of disease than those who are allowed to arrange their own working environment);
- recognize not to be bound by external factors: the challenges and try to do your best;
- set aside perfectionism: to know that they can not achieve perfection is not a good reason to do nothing;
- not evaluate problems dramatically: too often we think that if we resolve in time a given problem we will be “doomed”;
- do not get carried away by anger;
- give yourself a moment’s pause: during the day, try several times to “return to ourselves” for at least 2-3 minutes;
- in conflict situations breathe deeply ten times before reacting in this way you can avoid harm and injury;
- do not take home the problems and anxieties of work:
- it may be useful to take time for themselves before returning home;
- physical activity: sport allows the body to eliminate the negative consequences of stress in a natural way.